5 years ago
Monday, December 24, 2012
I know ... it's a Christmas Miracle! An actual, legitimate blog post from the once overly prolific Jenn!
So very very much has happened over the past two years that it would take FOREVER to update, so here are the quick highlights:
* Married to Steve on 11/20/10
* Moved to Payson on 1/1/11
* Commuter craziness
* Laid off from Gibbs Smith on 5/13/11 (Stupid Friday the 13th!)
* Unemployed for way too long, managed to find freelance work and help with Steve's firewood and landscaping businesses.
* 1st Anniversary spent in Park City -- Not the idyllic getaway. In fact we ended up sleeping in separate, horribly uncomfortable beds! Ahhh ... memories!
* Found a short-term job in March 2012 working as a PR Manager for a software company specializing in the Bed & Breakfast industry. Perks = AMAZING 2-night stay at Johnson Mill in Midway, UT. (More than made up for our Park City anniversary.)
* Decided I missed newspapers too much and found a great job as the Marketing Editor for The Daily Herald in Sept. 2012. Having a great time.
* Helping build Steve's business -- Spring Lake Mountain Landscape where we sell firewood in the winter and topsoil, gravel, rock, and do landscaping during the spring, summer and fall.
* Said a very sad, incredibly tearful goodbye to my crazy Riley dog. My sweet pup was a fun, snaggle-toothed companion for 13 years.
* The day after we said goodbye to Ry Ry we welcomed a super spunky Slinky. Our 4-year-old Daschund is full of ball-fetching energy and has been a fun addition.
Of course these are really only the very brief highlights, with lots of craziness that only 4 teens can bring!